Thursday, January 4, 2007

Welcome to Science Night!

Once upon a time, there was a large yellow house full of curious people, who liked to play and to discuss how the world worked. Often there was music, or politics, or art, or food, but on very special nights ... there was SCIENCE!

I don't live in that house anymore, but I still have questions about how things work, and I plan to share them here, with any curious people who stop by. My own background is in physics, but I know biologists, mathematicians, computer experts, psychologists, and more, in case a guest expert is needed.

Some topics I'd like to cover soon:

color vision, color blindness, and extra colors
geometrical mathemagic (once I learn how to get pictures on this blog)
can you freeze water when air temperature is above the freezing point?
what's a mustard plaster? does it work?

No comments: